IAEA 2013 Frances M. Ottobre Distinguished Student Scholarship
The IAEA 2013 Frances M. Ottobre Distinguished Student Scholarship will support the attendance of one individual at the 2013 IAEA conference to be held in Tel Aviv, Israel, from the 20th to the 25th of October, 2013 at the Dan Panorama hotel.
Deadline for receipt of submissions: 22 May 2013.
The scholarship will consist of a maximum stipend of $2000 US to cover travel, subsistence, and conference registration costs. Eligible candidates must be students enrolled full-time in a doctoral degree program in educational measurement or educational assessment, or a closely related field.
- Email address
- Postal address including street address, city, state or province, and country
- Graduate Institution
- Name of Graduate Degree Program
- Name of Faculty Advisor
The candidate should also send as electronic attachments:
1. a curriculum vita;
2. a letter from a faculty advisor attesting to the candidate's academic accomplishments and verifying enrollment as a doctoral student in educational measurement or educational assessment, or a closely related field;
3. a paper authored or co-authored by the candidate on a topic related to educational assessment; and
4. if available, a written endorsement from a primary or individual member of IAEA. (The faculty-advisor recommendation and IAEA-member endorsement may be from the same individual if that individual, or his or her institution, is an IAEA member.) Preference will be given to candidates that present an IAEA-member endorsement.
The IAEA 2013 Frances M. Ottobre Distinguished Student Scholarship award will be made based on meeting the eligibility criteria, on the strength of the faculty recommendation, and on the quality and relevance to educational assessment of the submitted paper or presentation.
The winner will be notified by June 22, 2013 that the scholarship has been awarded. Other applicants will be notified at the same time.