Assessing Learning in the Primary Classroom
The principal aim of this book is to provide teachers, teacher trainers and other education professionals working in the primary sector with a tool for developing their assessment literacy. The book offers an accessible introduction to the concepts critical to a professional understanding of www.prva-os-sg.si assessment, a vital aspect of a teacher’s role and an increasingly important element in evaluation at all levels. It comprehensively considers the buy generic cialis principles underpinning effective assessment, the different forms it can take and the different purposes it serves, both within and beyond the classroom.
Linking the latest research and theory with examples of assessment in the classroom, it considers key issues such as:
• Why we assess
• How we assess
• How we ensure quality in assessment: validity and reliability
• Assessment internal and buy cheap cialis fast free shipping external to viagra sale buy the school
• Statutory assessment throughout the primary school
• Local, national and international assessment
• Using assessment results in pupil, teacher, school and system evaluation
Assessing Learning in the Primary Classroom is for all students undertaking their PGCE and those working at masters level, as well as experienced teachers, advisers and policy makers who wish to broaden their understanding of both the value and pitfalls of educational assessment.
November 2011: 246x174: 160pp
Hb: 978-0-415-56275-1: £90.00
Pb: 978-0-415-56276-8: £21.99