12 month maternity cover
Salary: c. £35,000 per annum
What we do
The Centre for Education Research and Practice (CERP) plays a crucial role in AQA. We provide robust evidence that informs AQA’s operational activities and improves the quality of examinations. Our research expertise also contributes to the wider debate on assessment and education.
CERP researchers are part of a lively and committed team, given excellent training and support, encouraged to publish their work in peer reviewed journals and present their findings at conferences. Researchers also play a key role in AQA’s operational activities, including supporting product development, and key processes such as awarding.
We are seeking to recruit a competent and enthusiastic researcher who is keen to see his/her research findings put into practice, as well as advancing the theoretical and technical understanding of education and assessment.
Experience of education research is not essential in all instances and applications are welcomed from all fields.
What you’ll be doing
As a Researcher, you’ll be one of a team, responsible for undertaking research projects in one or more strands of CERP’s work. You will have line management responsibility for our placement student and will spend time coaching and developing them during their placement. Applicants should have a degree, preferably at Masters level or equivalent, in a relevant field with a quantitative element, and should be able to demonstrate:
- knowledge of a range of research methods including experimental design
- a sound knowledge of a range of quantitative and/or qualitative research methods
- knowledge of statistical techniques, experimental design or quantitative and/or qualitative research methods
- the ability to analyse and interpret statistical data and other research data in an informed way
- the ability to consult with a variety of people, internally and externally to AQA
- excellent written communication and presentation skills.
What’s in it for you?
We recognise the contribution our people make, and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package, including:
- a competitive salary
- a standard 35 core hour working week
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
- 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
- a contributory pension scheme
- childcare voucher scheme
- an enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website.
Closing date for applications is 10:00am Wednesday 13 December 2017.
Interviews will be held at our Manchester office on Monday 18 December 2017.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.