Welcome to AEA-Europe
AEA-Europe Conference 2020: update on online festival
I am writing to update you on progress for our online Festival which we will host on 4-6th November 2020.
The theme of the AEA-Europe Online Festival 2020 is:
How did your education and assessment systems react to the effects of Covid19?
We are developing a draft programme and are planning for the following types of sessions:
• Workshops hosted by our two SIGs – E-Assessment and Assessment Cultures
• Guest speakers and panel discussion focusing on aspects of the Festival Theme (names to be announced shortly!)
• PhD Students’ development session
• Introductory sessions outlining the work of AEA-Europe to new members
• Sessions led by the AEA-Europe Council subcommittees – The Professional Development Committee and the Publications Committee, sharing the work of the Association with all members
• The General Assembly to conclude the annual business of the association.
The Council has agreed that the event will be free to all members. We are presently working with EasyConferences to agree the technical support we will need for the 3 days and the various sessions. We are planning main plenary sessions, workshops with breakout rooms and opportunities for members to ‘chat’ and catch up as they would have done had we been physically meeting as usual.
We will be in touch in due course with more details about how to register for the events and sessions.
In the meantime, save the dates and watch out for further details as we confirm the programme of events.
I look forward to seeing you all ‘virtually’ at our festival in November!
With best wishes and continue to stay safe!
The ‘Association for Educational Assessment – Europe’ is the foremost association for all assessment professionals throughout Europe.
AEA-Europe is a leading association for educational assessment researchers and practitioners across Europe. Established in 2000, our principal aim is to foster connections and developments in assessment throughout Europe and beyond. We organise an Annual Conference in November with over 200 delegates representing over 25 countries. We also have a professional accreditation and awards scheme for assessment research. We now publish at least 3 newsletters per year and we can be reached via our pages on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Become a member of AEA Europe today and enjoy the benefits of membership, including exclusive access to online resources and discounts to our conferences and events. For more information, click here.